Are your pipes leaky or always clogging? While you can schedule routine plumbing repairs, eventually, your plumbing as a whole becomes the problem. At HomePro Plumbing, we are your Minneapolis-St. Paul repiping contractors. Not only can we assess the health of your plumbing system, but also we can help you find the right materials for your project and ensure the entire installation is up to code for your peace of mind.
Even with new pipes in your home, routine maintenance is still essential. Be sure to ask about our membership plans and keep your system healthy for years to come!
Signs You Need Whole-Home Repiping
In most cases, you don’t have to be a licensed plumber to determine that your plumbing is near the end of its lifespan. There are plenty of warning signs you can look out for that will help you schedule repiping before an emergency. This includes:
- Constant Repairs: Plumbing repairs are common. However, if you need to call your plumber multiple times in the year, old plumbing could be to blame. Whether it’s clogs, water leaks, or general upkeep - constant repairs are never good.
- Low Water Pressure: If there are various clogs in your plumbing system, low water pressure can be a common issue. However, low water pressure can also hamper your ability to use your plumbing system, which is why repiping could be a good consideration.
- Water Quality Issues: As your pipes age, rust buildup and deterioration can become a problem. If there are flecks or rust in your water or your water quality is on the decline, it may be time for an inspection.
- Leaks: Old pipes can weaken and leak. While one small leak can be repaired, multiple leaks in your system can cause extensive water damage throughout your home.
- Cold Weather Damage: The Twin Cities are no stranger to cold temperatures. Those drops in temperature can also freeze your pipes, leading to damage.
Choosing the Material for Your Whole-Home Repipe
Once you’ve determined that a whole-home repiping is the right solution for you, choosing your plumbing materials is the next step. Some pipe materials you can choose from include:
- Copper: These lightweight pipes can be used for both hot and cold water lines and are extremely durable. They are flexible and easy to customize for your home and comply with most plumbing codes.
- PEX: These pipes are eco-friendly and extremely flexible, which makes them easy to install. They are also cost-effective and durable so they ensure a long-term fix for your plumbing needs.
- CPVC: Chlorinated polyvinyl chloride pipes, CPVC, are the most common plastic piping options used when repiping. They’re cost-effective, durable, and can also be used for hot water and drain piping, so they can easily be used throughout your home.
Another important consideration when repiping your Minneapolis-St. Paul home is insulation. Because temperatures can reach near-freezing, insulating your pipes can prevent burst pipes in the future.
Our plumbers can help you determine if repiping is needed. Be sure to ask about our sewer video inspections and get an inside look at the health and condition of your plumbing.
Your Trusted Repipe Contractors
Although house repiping services can be a major undertaking, with the right greater Twin Cities area plumbing company on your side, it can offer plenty of benefits as well. With new pipes in place, you can expect improved water pressure, fewer repairs, and much-needed peace of mind. Additionally, at HomePro Plumbing, we make service easy by offering up-front, transparent pricing, and service done by highly qualified and reliable plumbing professionals.